Austin Allegro Forum

Sad news sort of -

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sad news sort of -

Post  Jimbo on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm afraid I've been contemplating selling the old girl on for a while - money is incredibly tight for various reasons, and unfortunately luxuries have been chopped out of my life at a frightening rate Evil or Very Mad 

Well, the MOT cost me £315 all in, which was very competitive I thought, but was money I didn't have spare, and needed to recoup.

Luckily the chap who did the work for me, Max of Maximise Mini's, has a friend who fell in love with her, and made me an offer I could not refuse - I know she'll be in Leeds, and he's thinking of adding her to his wedding photography business, as an added string to his bow, which means he'll be giving her a lot of cosmetic care and attention that I just can't at the moment:D 

I've told him (Stu) about our forum, and I hope he logs on and keeps the place a bit busier than I have recently:oops: 

Well, I've gone and done it now, I'd like to thank you guys for all your help and friendship over the last year or so, and I'll keep on lurking to see how you're all getting on Very Happy 

Cheers,
Jim

Jimbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sad news sort of -

Post  Andy Perman on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Sad news Jim, must have been a tough decision for you Sad  but when the wolf is at the door sacrifices have to be made. Good news it's gone to another enthusiast who will continue the good work you started, hopefully posting the old girl on here Very Happy 

Funny, I was working with a guy today who has just had to sell his prized Harley over the weekend to fund what sounds like a very expensive divorce settlement Shocked 

Yeah, keep in contact. You never know, when your pockets are feeling deeper, you could just find another Allegro based project Very Happy 

All the best. Andy.

Andy Perman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbo on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Thanks Andy,

yes, the wolf is huffing and puffing outside my door as we speak, but hopefully things will pick up soon - and I always think you can get another one, maybe a bit tidier this time:D 

Cheers,
Jim

Jimbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top