Austin Allegro Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Austin Allegro Forum
Austin Allegro Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rubber grommit for Radiator temp sender ??? any one got one or can help..???

Go down

Rubber grommit for Radiator temp sender ??? any one got one or can help..??? Empty Rubber grommit for Radiator temp sender ??? any one got one or can help..???

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:51 am

Any one know if you can get hold of the rubber gommit for the Radiator on an Allegro.. for the temp sender

I was lucky enough to find a Rad NOS one for the car but noticed it will need this rubber grommit for the rad and sender unit??

Any leads would be good other wise I will have to look to try and make a runnver mould I guess

Back to top Go down

Rubber grommit for Radiator temp sender ??? any one got one or can help..??? Empty Re: Rubber grommit for Radiator temp sender ??? any one got one or can help..???

Post  john volts(admin) Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:24 am

i think they will be the same as some other BL car at the time as they won't just make a gommit for allegro?
but second that the other place to try is the local motor factor or even (frost) for this part as i bet there a modern car which uses a gommit like that somewhere

john volts(admin)
Admin

https://austinallegro.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Rubber grommit for Radiator temp sender ??? any one got one or can help..??? Empty Re: Rubber grommit for Radiator temp sender ??? any one got one or can help..???

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:36 pm

some one kindly pointed out a place on pratical classics forum that does them for £1.81 phew going to order that tomorrow for sure..

but not very happy with my new Rad from ebay the vaines was shown in the pic and yes there where a few and prob 10 mins will sort that.. what was not said in the discription was the fact that other side was more dmamaged to a level that took me well over an hour to fix and then I discovered the damaged core !!!! again not informed about that on ebay listing.. not a happy bunny and as I have also taken the time to also repaint the rad I then found out to add insult to injury that the area where the temp sender unit goes is damaged and dented and then to add to that the over flow pipe is bent !!! all for £69.99 I am already 1 can of paint satin black in £4.95 over 1.5hrs of work and feeling abit of a fool for putting up with it when the guys sat there with my money.. he has said he would give a full refund but he is already saying he is not going to refund post !! I may have to request a charge back from paypal to force the issue. This is not cricket in the discription and the flipent view of oh well I didn't say it would only take 5 mins to sort the vaines " yes you did " and then you didnt show the other side that was way more damaged!!! and tape that was over the hole to the sender unit covering the damage!!

going to see a old boy that does nothing but rads tomorrow to ask his advice.. abit pants really.

do I get a refund or ask for some money back towards a fair price for the part?? difficult one.. but either way if I have go refund route feedback will be left accordingly due to very poor and quite misleading discription.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum