Austin Allegro Forum

body panels

View previous topic View next topic Go down

body panels

Post  giz on Sat May 28, 2011 6:06 am

Hi everyone, i have recently became the owner of An ex Leyland press car, a rather nice lime green sdl but it needs some tlc!
Are body panels easy to get hold of? I need 2 wings, front valence And probably all 4 floor pans.
i'll post some pictures And more details soon.
Giz

giz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hi and welcome Giz

Post  john volts(admin) on Sat May 28, 2011 5:51 pm

hi Giz,
firstly welcome to the allegro forum Smile the forum freely new hope others do find there way here soon. i can tell you a good place to start looking for panels is Macs factor in king's lynn,Norfolk or try BL transverse in London for used spares. Hadrians panels did make some allegro front wings but i unsure if they are still i have to check, another good places is Ebay there has been a set of new wings on there too recently. Hope this helps you along abit, look forward to seeing some pictures soon.
JOHN

john volts(admin)
Admin

View user profile http://austinallegro.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: body panels

Post  giz on Sun May 29, 2011 2:43 am

Thanks john I'll give those places a try, is it going to be difficult finding floors?
Other than the body the rest of the car is pretty good as it has only done 61k. So far all that I have found is missing are the rear screen wipe motor and a door pull. But it does come with 2 boxes of bits.
I'm picking it up today and after I've given it a good wash i'll take some photos.

giz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john volts(admin) on Sun May 29, 2011 3:56 pm

hi Giz.
i have a look into floors for you not too sure if there available anywhere but i have a look around. look forward to seeing the pictures of your new motor Very Happy another one is going to be saved

john volts(admin)
Admin

View user profile http://austinallegro.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 am

you can make alot from Basic tools.. Floor sections are quite easy to make on the whole as they are just pressings.

I make Porsche floor sections from Sheet steel a marker pen, 2" box section. Blunt Chisel hammer and some time..

Trust me I can show you people who have inspected cars and said orginal floor only to be shocked it's had a patch grafted in.. Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top