Austin Allegro Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Austin Allegro Forum
Austin Allegro Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can any one help me?! Hydrogas parts...

2 posters

Go down

Can any one help me?! Hydrogas parts... Empty Can any one help me?! Hydrogas parts...

Post  Java95 Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:34 am

I can't find allegro displacer units anywhere (appart from one very rusty ebay). Does anyone know:

1) if there are any elsewhere?

or

2) if an austin metro displacer will fit inside my allegro (1981 - HL - 1.3 - saloon)?

thanks for your time.

Java95

Back to top Go down

Can any one help me?! Hydrogas parts... Empty Re: Can any one help me?! Hydrogas parts...

Post  Andy Perman Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum Very Happy

Firstly, your second question I'm fairly sure Metro displacers do not fit as they have no front/rear interconnecting capability like you have on the allegro. You may have more luck with MGF displacers, but I'm no expert on that.

Secondly, there are often scrap cars on 'the Bay', you will probably have to go take the unit off but you should be able to get hold of one. Also, you could try the Allegro owners club spares - maybe lucky.

Good luck!!

Andy Perman

Back to top Go down

Can any one help me?! Hydrogas parts... Empty Re: Can any one help me?! Hydrogas parts...

Post  Java95 Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:13 am

Ahh, ok thanks for your help! Saved me some money there. Smile

Cool, i'll contact some of the breaking for spare parts then.

Java95

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down