Austin Allegro Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Austin Allegro Forum
Austin Allegro Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water and heat!

3 posters

Go down

water and heat! Empty water and heat!

Post  4113gr0 Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:37 am

Hey, I wonder if anyone can give me a bit of advice....

during the rain we have been having, I have been getting some water leak into the car behind the dashboard, it manifests itself in the glovebox area, and it sometimes some will spill out onto my feet when i go round a corner!

i have checked the heater drain holes. and they are clear. there is also a hole either side of the bonnet near the bonnet hinges. what are these?

the other problem I have, which is made worse by the issue above is condensation. I can get lovely warm air out by my feet, but when i direct it to the windscreen, it is cold. is this normal? as it does nothing to help!

4113gr0

Back to top Go down

water and heat! Empty Re: water and heat!

Post  svefol Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:39 am

hi,
i am not sure if i can help you - never had that problem, but it struck me as an idea, if you want warm air, and it turns cold when turning direction - something gotta be open there .... i cannot really describe how you get "that much" water into that part of the car, but if you try to remove the three screws holding the air intake and see if something there has a wrong opening where water come in and follow the system, it can be useful. Think that is the only place that is open enough to "give you a bucket". Good luck. And let it dry properly in summer. Best regards, Sverre

svefol

Back to top Go down

Post  giz Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:12 am

the water could be coming from the windscreen, there are 2 drain holes which can be seen between the scuttle panel (bellow the windscreen) and the tops of each wing. if these block up the water won't drain away and will leak into the car.

giz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down