Austin Allegro Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Austin Allegro Forum
Austin Allegro Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...2 More New Ones!

2 posters

Go down

...2 More New Ones!  Empty ...2 More New Ones!

Post  Sweeney Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:40 pm

...Hiya! Very Happy Just a quick hello from a new one based in Nottinghamshire, new owner of a 1975 Series 1 1500 Special in Brazil Metallic, recently purchased, cutting my teeth with it as we speek, its a rolling restore daily driver once its m.o.t'd next week, been off the road since 09/02 & I'm also representing another owner of a 1978 Series 2 VP 1500 in Tara Green also based local to me aswel both cars are/will be daily drivers, both cars are quite tidy but we have bought them to use and enjoy not just look at and we do all our own work ...we? ...me Shocked but really enjoying all of it so far, should have looked into having one years ago!

Will post photos of both cars very soon and will look forward to talking to you all soon, all enquiries welcome

All The Best

Jamie Smile
Sweeney
Sweeney

Back to top Go down

...2 More New Ones!  Empty Welcome!

Post  Jimbo Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:56 am

Hi Jamie,

I've only recently joined the forum, and picked up my new VDP 1976 on thursday - see my essay I've just posted Laughing

I've got loads of jobs to do with mine, I expect we'll be exchanging tales as our cars are pretty similar.

I hope some of the more experienced members can point us in the right direction as far as bits and typical problems are concerned Cool

I'm in Leeds, and just drove 200 miles from Ipswich to pick her up, so at least she's driveable and legal (just), but I aim to improve things radically before risking a long journey again.

Do you know how to post photo's on here? I'm not much good with that kind of thing - hence a desire to run a 36 year old car Laughing

Must admit, my shoulders were aching yesterday without the power steering I'm used to, but it wasn't too bad once I got rolling, I also have Daimler XJ40 1993, which means I have two cars with picnic tables in the rear - I'm a regular on www.XJ40.com, who are a great bunch of guys (who probably will think I'm insane once I admit to buying an Allegro) Very Happy

It seems a bit quiet on here, let's hope we can liven things up with our projects in the coming months Laughing

Cheers,

Jim

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

...2 More New Ones!  Empty Re: ...2 More New Ones!

Post  Sweeney Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Jimbo, I think i know of the car you bought, on a 'well known internet auction site' ? Very Happy mine had nothing on it, it in the way of tax and test, been sat for at least 6 years and not taxed on the road since 2002 but it would appear to have been kept really well and dry stored with 90% of the body rust free and still in factory paint and vinyl roof intact with no age related damage, interior has suffered and gone thin on the half fabric centre sections on the seats, carpets are ready for replacing and it needs a proper deep clean but it'll come up with some time and effort.

Charles bought his Tara Green 1500 VDP Series 2 fully restored which im re-trimming the fabric parts of his interior from the headlining down inclusive, both our cars have only covered 40,000 miles each, both 1500 manuals.

Im guessing to post photo's its the two window boxes at the top to click on and insert the exteral link between the markers ...I think lol Wink

Well done on your purchase! Im pleased with with mine so far, its mot'd on monday, i cant tax the car till the logbook comes back to me as it was missing, but it'll be on the road soon! cant wait! Cool
Sweeney
Sweeney

Back to top Go down

...2 More New Ones!  Empty Re: ...2 More New Ones!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum