Austin Allegro Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Austin Allegro Forum
Austin Allegro Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two more on the bay

3 posters

Go down

Two more on the bay Empty Two more on the bay

Post  Andy Perman Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Nothing for a couple of weeks then two come along Very Happy

Project one Laughing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/austin-allegro-/221187767504?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337fd17cd0

Project 2 Laughing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1977-VANDEN-PLAS-1500-BROWN-/121065121146?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c300b257a

VP's only 50 miles away from me Very Happy

Andy Perman

Back to top Go down

Two more on the bay Empty Re: Two more on the bay

Post  Jimbo Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 am

That VdP looks like a manual, that's pretty rare isn't it?

I prefer auto's myself, but I understand why people like manuals, especially in older cars like this as the engine needs to be running sweet otherwise the autobox is quite horrible Crying or Very sad

Both these cars look lie they're worth saving, hope someone does Very Happy

Cheers,
Jim

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweeney Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:43 pm

...The barnsley one has been on before, same add, the VP looks a decent motor, ...bit of a topic is 'transmission' my end at the moment, full new clutch & crankshaft seal going in at weekend, got a bit of a judder on last week, time to swap it - easy job Wink ...Charlies VP is manual, seems to be more auto's about at the moment up for grabs, not looked into numbers left as yet, Charlies VP has spring dampers on the bottom engine mounts aswell as mine dont but same engine and box, not sure if its a 'VP thing' or a 'Mk2 thing' yet, Do we know chaps? ...let me know if yours dont have them and i'll stick some pictures up, noticed when I did his fuel pump last week Very Happy
Sweeney
Sweeney

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Perman Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 am

Yeah, there's a couple of threads in the owners club about clutch judder. Seems that if the crankshaft oil seal fails it fouls the clutch and hence the judder. Post some pics of it if you can, it would be of interest. Not something you need to worry about with an auto, as the torque converter needs oil!!

Engine mounts on mine have no dampers, so i'd say it's a series 2 improvement. How about you Jim, yours is series 2 does it have dampers?

Andy Perman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbo Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:52 am

Not sure if mine has dampers Andy, it's at my storage yard, which I won't be getting to for a while, so no immediate answer I'm afraid Crying or Very sad

I'll have a look as soon as I can Very Happy

Cheers,
Jim

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweeney Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:44 pm

I'll get some snaps then of them early next week-ish when im round at his gaff. Its gonna be the crankshaft seal for sure on mine thats gave way, routine job, the clutch is well past its best making lots of noises in and out with the pedal now, its gonna go very soon, cost me 2 Bob, a conker, a packet of crisps and half a cheese cob for the parts, fetched them today Very Happy
Sweeney
Sweeney

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Perman Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:06 pm

That's my kind of currency!! Very Happy

Andy Perman

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Perman Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:50 am

Another really tidy VDP on the bay Very Happy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-ALLEGRO-VANDEN-PLAS-1981-1500cc-/230930183981?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35c482f72d

Not a project at all, MOT'd and ready to go. I think it's one of the later 1750 ones judging by the dual SU and no 1500 badge on the boot. Quite rare.

Andy Perman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum