Austin Allegro Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Austin Allegro Forum
Austin Allegro Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nor quite allegro but!!!!

2 posters

Go down

nor quite allegro but!!!! Empty nor quite allegro but!!!!

Post  Deisel36 Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:34 pm

hi guys
hope you all well?
as stated in previous message i am going to be a pain i have beenhaving a problem with my maestro and tuning the carb dos any of you know how to tune or anybody that is good at tuning for a good price? its the 1275cc so same set up as the allegro HELP!!!!!
cheers adi

Deisel36

Back to top Go down

nor quite allegro but!!!! Empty carb adjustment

Post  john volts(admin) Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 am

to adjust carb there is a mixture screw on the side of the carb and a idle stop screw on the end where the throttle cable joins to the carb. Adjust till you think it setup and running normally then push a little button which has a spring on it normally on the left side, the revs will go up and then go back down if it right the engine will keep running if isn't the engine will stop or misfire. hope this helps
John

john volts(admin)
Admin

https://austinallegro.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

nor quite allegro but!!!! Empty Re: nor quite allegro but!!!!

Post  Deisel36 Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:21 pm

dear Admin
well i open.d the bonnety thing and looked round for a screw and found several non e of which helped my to tune the carb!!!!
No in all serouisness i did have a go at tuning the carb and think it was better but still think it maybe time i handed itover to a pro to sort i dont have the ears for listerning to the right sound.
I did purchase a carb refurb kit today on ebay with the allegro in mind but think it may come in handy for the maestro too just think its like the suspension some things i will have a go at but other im best trying to convince a good mechanic to take over and put me outof my meisery!!!

Deisel36

Back to top Go down

nor quite allegro but!!!! Empty Re: nor quite allegro but!!!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum