Austin Allegro Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Austin Allegro Forum
Austin Allegro Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stud spacing on road weels

3 posters

Go down

stud spacing on road weels Empty stud spacing on road weels

Post  Deisel36 Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:13 am

hi guys im looking into buyin some alloys for my allegro does anybody know the stud spacin size?
cheers adi

Deisel36

Back to top Go down

stud spacing on road weels Empty hi adi

Post  john volts(admin) Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:41 pm

hi adi,
i have a measure on my allegro and tell you the stud gap (PDC) tomorrow
thanks
John

john volts(admin)
Admin

https://austinallegro.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

stud spacing on road weels Empty Re: stud spacing on road weels

Post  Deisel36 Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:12 am

cheers john i wait with baited breath!

Deisel36

Back to top Go down

Post  Leggy Henry Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:30 pm

4 1/2"x4. This is quite common, what's not so common is the offset, only shared with the Maxi & ADO71 but ADO16 12" wheels will sit roughly right.

You could fit Maestego hubs to convert to 3 3/4"x4 and use MGF wheels but they and Maestego wheels dont have so much inset and would tramline badly. We thought about that for the last marathon car but stuck to stock rims and carried plenty spare.

Leggy Henry

Back to top Go down

Post  Deisel36 Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:01 pm

thanks leggy
i really want to put some alloys on her after seeing ayellow one with wolfrace wheels so you can place maestro hubs on the allegro then do you need to trim body or????

Deisel36

Back to top Go down

stud spacing on road weels Empty sorry keep forgetting

Post  john volts(admin) Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:09 pm

kept forgetting to check my PCDs on my allegro but this should help it off another forum but it is helpful.

Yeah, I thought the PCD was different?

Ah, yes you're right, mini is 4x101 Allegro is 4x114.3.

Basically I was having idle thoughts about the driveshafts on my project mini and remembered reading about people using allegro outer cv joints when doing 16v conversions, but still retaining the mini hub.So I thought if the allegro cv fits the mini hub and driveflange then maybe I can fit the mini driveflange to the allegro thus giving me the mini pcd.The short answer is yes, although it's not quite that simple.The mini driveflange has the same o/d as the allegro one and the driveshaft splines are the same, the problem is the allegro flange is longer where it goes into the hub and presses up against the wheel bearing.So if you fitted the mini driveflange as it is then it wouldn't reach in far enough to but upto the bearing face.

Still with me?

The thing with the mini flange is that the part that the wheel actually mounts to is a lot thicker than the allegro one so the rear face of it can be machined down, effectively making the flange 'longer' so it reaches further into the hub and fits up against the wheel bearing.

I'm not sure if any of that made sense to me even so here's a very hastily drawn (on paint no less!) diagram that may help explain it.(not to scale )

On the rear I made up a simple jig and redrilled the hub/drum to 4x101 although it didn't come out 100% true so I'll get a friend of my dad ,who works for williams, to redo them on his lathe.

Read more: http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=readersrides&thread=44603&page=6#711829#ixzz1GLLIdIsi

stud spacing on road weels N598942754_1705542_1468

john volts(admin)
Admin

https://austinallegro.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down