Austin Allegro Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Austin Allegro Forum
Austin Allegro Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]*Parts Needed* Sealed beam unit and nr side wing mirror[/b]

3 posters

Go down

[b]*Parts Needed*  Sealed beam unit and nr side wing mirror[/b] Empty [b]*Parts Needed* Sealed beam unit and nr side wing mirror[/b]

Post  Anika Hollis Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:55 am

Hi

I have been desperately looking for a sealed beam unit and a near side wing mirror for almost 6 months now, but no luck. It is to fit my Betty, a 1976 Vanden Plas.

Would anyone happen to either have any of these items that they're willing to sell, or know of anywhere I could purchase said items.

I have trawled endlessly through ebay and breakage sites, but have been told that they've stopped being produced Sad

Hope to hear from you soon..A very Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year ahead to all.

Regards
Anika

Anika Hollis

Back to top Go down

[b]*Parts Needed*  Sealed beam unit and nr side wing mirror[/b] Empty Re: [b]*Parts Needed* Sealed beam unit and nr side wing mirror[/b]

Post  giz Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:39 am

which types are you looking for?

giz

Back to top Go down

[b]*Parts Needed*  Sealed beam unit and nr side wing mirror[/b] Empty Re: [b]*Parts Needed* Sealed beam unit and nr side wing mirror[/b]

Post  Anika Hollis Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:57 am

Hi,

I'm in need of the sealed beam unit (rectangular) more than anything else if you have any suggestions?! I also need a wing mirror for the passenger door...it's rectangular and chrome plated.

Thanks

Anika Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post  giz Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:36 pm

i'm sure i have a good passenger door mirror, as for the light i thought the rectangular ones were not sealed and had a halogen bulb?

giz

Back to top Go down

Post  Anika Hollis Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:21 am

Unfortunately not the ones fitted to my '76. They are definately sealed beam units, might have to convert them if I can't get hold of a sealed beam to replace it.

Anika Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post  giz Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:56 am

have you joined aci?
i don't have any of the type you need, i probably have a mirror though, do you need the mount? i'll have a look next time i'm in the gearge

giz

Back to top Go down

Post  rjacklin Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:12 am

Anika Hollis wrote:

I have trawled endlessly through ebay and breakage sites, but have been told that they've stopped being produced Sad

Sorry to hear about the difficulties your having in sourcing parts, but I had to chuckle at that line. I'm pretty sure parts stopped being produced in the early 1980's, I think some breakers yards honestly don't have a clue what they're dealing with.

If headlamps are proving to be so tricky to find, it might be easier in the long-term to convert them, but I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I find one.

rjacklin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  giz Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:41 am

do you have a picture of the lamp you need?

giz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down